Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Feelin'

Fall has perfect timing...every year. Aside from Christmas, it truly feels like the most wonderful time of the year!

 With warm, rich casseroles, perfectly spiced pies and pumpkin flavored anything, I love making fall recipes and eat more than usual. I suppose I understand how bears prepare for hibernation...

Another of my favorite fall activities are the fairs and festivals. Pumpkin Fest, Apple Fest and all of the uber inspiring craft fairs have me searching for more.

'Tis also my favorite season for dressing! Scarves, leather, boots, chunky knit sweaters, blazers, hats and layering in general. There is something so cozy about throwing on some soft layers, a warm scarf and breathing in that crisp, fall, mountain air.

{A Pit-bull puppy my mother rescued over the weekend- we named her sparkles of course.}

For some reason, although I love sunny days, rainy days are also appreciated during this chilly season. It is a comforting thing to curl up inside with a good book, a fire an something warm to drink and feeling perfectly content.



One of my favourite places is grandma's, of course. Pictured above is my late grandfather's barrel that has doubled as a 'table' for his candy jar. My grandmother still lives in this secluded, absolutely gorgeous log cabin that he built. With deer heads, vintage decor and and rustic feel, it is the most cozy place one could be.

-Audrey xo

No comments:

Post a Comment