Thursday, October 4, 2012

DIY: Caviar Nails

Being that my hands are in water seventy-five percent of the time, I rarely take the extra time and effort to put into my nails. This easy, chic DIY caviar nail tutorial is not only more affordable than a manicure, but can easily be touched up!


What You Need

1. Microbeads
I found these at Michaels for $4.00 and found this coupon which brought it down to $2.00. They have a variety of colours, but I chose clear as I thought I may get more use out of it. 


2. Polish
Since the nail polish isn't the main event, I bought this cheap white polish from Target.It's rather thick which is perfect anyways. 


3. Clear Top/Base Coat
 Again, it doesn't have to be high quality since the smoothness and shiny coat won't be much of a factor.


Step 1

Shape the Nail and paint a clear base coat


Step 2
Paint one thick coat over dried base coat. You want to make sure to clean up the edges as the microbeads will stick to whatever is painted. While polish is still sticky, pour beads over nail until thoroughly covered. I used a paper bowl underneath so I could easily fold it and pour the extra beads back into the container.

Step 3

Continue until all nails are covered. Clean up any extra beads around the edged and gently press down on the beads until all at the same height. Cover with a top coat and voila!


Enjoy!
Audrey xo








No comments:

Post a Comment